What we need from you
When you became a member we ask you for the following information:
- Contact details – name, home address, email address and contact numbers
- We also, when arranging the clubs annual fishing outings, ask you whether you wish to participate in the various competitions and if you are of retired age i.e. 60 years and over. Also if you agree to be contacted by email.
Why we need this information
We need to collect and hold this information so we can manage your membership and:-
- Provide you with outings information, reports, newsletters and end of year renewal communications
- Organise club activities and manage risk and safety, if you book a place on an outing/competition
- Respond to your questions, comments, complaints or concerns in regards to all aspects of the club
How we protect your information
Your personal information is stored in our members database which is held on the club’s computer and is password protected
We may also hold your personal information in a manual format which is stored by the secretary
How long we retain your data / your rights
We will only keep your personal information for as long as is necessary to provide you with club membership information
Unless you ask us not to, we will immediately review and delete your personal information when you have not renewed your membership with us
Should you not wish us to retain your information you have the right to advise the Club Secretary and we will arrange to have it deleted
Change your Communication preferences i.e. email or hard copy
Request that we change your personal data if you believe it to be inaccurate or incomplete
You have a right to request access to the personal information that we hold about you by making a “subject access request “ to the club secretary
Third Party access to your data
We may share personal information with third parties if a member is representing the club in an external competition e.g. Scottish National, Scottish Clubs, Champion of Champions, Inter Schools, United Edinburgh & Leith Competitions.
If you have any concerns in relation to the above please contact our secretary at email@example.com. If you are dissatisfied, you have the right to raise a complaint with the information commissioners office at ico.org.uk.